Auto insurance FAQs

Driving a car means you need to have auto insurance. When you first become a driver, you may be on your parent’s auto insurance policy, so you don’t have to worry much about what goes into choosing the right policy. Once you are an adult and out on your own, you need to make sure you have the right coverage for you. At Western Trail Insurance in Oshkosh, NE, we try to give every customer a positive insurance experience. We will shop the over 30 carriers we do business with to find the best policy for your needs. 

Do I need to have collision coverage?

If you have a car loan, the answer is yes. If there is no lien on your vehicle, then you have the option of not carrying it. Before you make your decision, consider the value of your vehicle. If it is $3000 or less, you probably don’t need collision coverage. If it is worth more, think long and hard about your ability to repair your car if you had a car accident where you are at fault or the only driver. Would you have the money to repair your vehicle? Could you live without it if you couldn’t get it fixed? 

What is comprehensive coverage?

Not as complete as the name implies. Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from unforeseen events that could damage it, things you cannot control. Theft, vandalism, hail, wind, and large animals such as deer, can cause devastating damage. You may also have full glass coverage, which doesn’t have a deductible, unlike other comprehensive parts. 

Do I need auto insurance in Nebraska?

Yes, you must carry liability insurance in the amount of 25/50/25, $25,000 injury for one, and $50,000 per accident with $25,000 damage to property. 

When you are in the market for auto insurance, contact Western Trail Insurance in Oshkosh, NE.